The holiday season is a stressful time for everyone. You have to make sure everything goes smoothly and there’s always one more thing you need to do before the big day arrives. This can be exhausting and cause stress, which can lead to health problems such as heart disease or cancer. Here are some tips that will help relieve your stress during this busy time of year:
- Start your holiday shopping early so it won’t feel like such a burden when you’re running around last minute trying to find presents
- Take care of all those small tasks on your list now so they don’t pile up and become overwhelming at the last second
- Get plenty of sleep because staying well-rested helps keep us fresh and focused during hectic times like this
- Take deep breaths to increase the oxygen levels in your body. This will help calm your nerves and allow blood vessels to expand which will lower blood pressure.
- Practice breathing exercises like yoga or tai chi to reduce anxiety and improve sleep quality.
- Go outside for some fresh air! Find a park, take a walk, bike ride… anything outdoors!
7. Find something funny online or watch TV/Netflix/YouTube with friends – laughter creates endorphins which have been proven